Guided Memoir writing classes
- Classes meet in the Cedar Rapids, Iowa area for 8 weeks, once a week for 2 1/2 hours. Classes can also be conducted via Skype worldwide.
- No writing experience necessary. Classes include creative writing tips and exercises, and inspirational priming questions on a different theme each week.
- Themes include branching points, family dynamics, the role of money, your major life work, and others. Each week the themes get a bit deeper as a special level of trust and bonding builds between classmates.
- During the week participants write a 2 page story to read aloud to their small group at the next meeting. No life is boring, everyone has a story to tell. You'll be surprised what fascinating revelations you'll unearth about your life, and hear from others.
- Classmates are encouraged to give thoughtful and constructive feedback on one another's writing each week.
- Close friendships are developed and participants learn to understand and appreciate others and their life stories.
Contact me to check class schedule or to add your name to my list of interested people. Classes are kept small and intimate to facilitate life story sharing.